Acquisition of core business Höfler Maschinenbau GmbH in Ettlingen, Germany
Inauguration of new company headquarters in Zurich
Commissioning of the world's
most modern production site
for large bevel gears
Presentation of crankshaft measuring on Klingelnberg gear measuring centers series P
Presentation of the Oerlikon C 50 at EMO Hanover 2007. Vertical concept for the production of spiral bevel gears used in trucks.
Presentation of the Oerlikon C 29 as the first vertical high performance machine specially designed for dry cutting of spiral bevel gears.
P 26 - the first part of a new range of gear measuring centers
Acquisition of 100% of shares of CM Digit, Ettlingen
March 24, 2004 - Klingelnberg goes into the 7th Generation
After a period of 35 years Mr. Diether Klingelnberg will officially transfer the responsibilities of the Klingelnberg-Group of companies and its employees to his son Jan Klingelnberg. This step will represent the handing-over of the organization to the 7th generation within the family.
Diether Klingelnberg constantly extend the Klingelnberg-Group in the past. The development of state of the art manufacturing technologies ensures a top position status within the field of system solutions incorporating the applications spiral bevel gear production, gear inspection technology and parallel axis gears. In the future this will be the primary focus for innovations and continuous research and development to the customers benefit.
Invention of a new range of bevel gear grinding machines Oerlikon G 27 / G 60 with vertical concept.
Complete range of dry cutting machines - Oerlikon C 27 - C 42 - C 60
First time market leader for bevel gear equipment.
ARCON® / SPIRON® cutting tools for dry cutting.
Developement of the 3F blade grinding technology.
Presentation of the new generation of CNC-controlled universal hobbing machines, series C_U
Presentation of the new generation of P-measuring machines for measuring all gearing-relevant workpieces and tools.
Invention of dry cutting procvess for bevel gears by introducing the C-Machine
Oerlikon C 28
Spiral bevel gear generating machine.
Acquisition of Zeiss-Industrielle-Meßtechnik (Höfler) in Ettlingen.
Takeover of Oerlikon Geartec AG - Zürich
Foundation of the
- the gearing partnership of Klingelnberg, Liebherr and Oerlikon.
Joint Venture with Oerlikon, CH
Invention of CNC-lapping and -testing by Oerlikon Geartec, Zurich.
Acquisition of grinding technology by take over of Dr.-Ing. Wiener GmbH.
The Klingelnberg trademark during the course of its history.The trademarks of the Berg scythe business, the forerunner of the Remscheid tool industry, go back to the year 1600. They were held in high regard as an old family possession. Upon the proprietor‘s death, the eldest son inherited. In 1678 the Remscheid traders attained approval for the forge to provide a third of the goods manufactured by it with the traders‘ trademark.
First subsidiaries abroad.
The first hobbing machine built in the Hückeswagen factory, model FK 150, year of manufacture 1923. Particularly remarkable on this model was the ability to adjust the cutting head to different angles of taper. The cutter used had an angle of taper of 40°.
Production of machines for gear manufacture with the Palloid-System
The history of Klingelnberg gearing is rich in renunciations, trouble and set-backs. When Klingelnberg picked up this problem, those involved had no idea how much patience and tenacity, how much knowledge and skill, and not least, how much conviction to fight were required to perfect Schicht´s invention.
Transfer of tool production to Hückeswagen. The small old town of Hückeswagen in the Bergisch region with its castle and Pauluskirche.
Start of the production of tools and machine knives.
The Klingelnberg company was founded 1863 in a typical Berg slate house. Belonging to the house was a second building located a little behind it, with similar road-facing slated facade, and constructed of white-washed framework.
It was the type of building used by many small Remscheid businesses for their modest production and store-rooms. The house was located at Birgerkamp in Remscheid.